Today interest in Google Authorship is growing almost as fast as the increase of usage of internet for everyday stuff. It was first introduced in 2011, and allowed content writers or bloggers to integrate their Google + profile with their content across the web. This was introduced by Google with a mindset to associate the content created by a writer to his/her Google+ profile to avoid duplicity. Google understands that if in search results an article or a blog appears with the picture of the writer, users are more prone to click on such results. As it gives a feel of trust to users that the information it will get in the content will be genuine as Google trusts the authenticity of that content piece and showing some rich snippets in the results. The scenario related to Google Authorship is expanded today as compared to the day it was first introduced. Today Google encourages webmasters to integrate the Google+ profiles of website owners with their websites with an aim to improve the bond of trust with a website. No matter the website is an Ecommerce portal, a brochure website, a Government website, or any other website; it is crucial to improve the trust in the eyes of Google for better performance in terms of search marketing. For doing so, Google Authorship is a new Lethal Weapon to stand out of the league. After all, the ultimate goal of Google is to showcase best possible genuine results to its users and for doing this it is important for webmasters to create some positive authority in front of Google to fetch trust of end users.
Below are some benefits that a website can have by implementing the Google Authorship :-
· Click through rate is increased greatly as users will be able to see the Google+ profile of the website owner with the profile image as a rich snippet.
· A bond of trust is developed for your website in the eyes of Google as your Google+ profile is directly linked with your website.
· Reduces the chances of plagiarism as the content or stuff visible on the website will be solely related to the website owner.
· Authorship is like a digital signature where a website owner claims that the content or products on my website are original as I have my Google profile associated with my website.
· The chances of ranking high in search results increases greatly if a website is associated with a Google profile. Google will rank the website with authority high on SERP if a website is associated with the genuine profile.
· Indexing frequency of the website pages also improves if a valid profile is associated with the website.
So, as a concluding part, we would like to add that things changes, situation changes, technology changes every day; the one who adopt the change wins the game. It is crucial to adopt the latest and advanced technologies to stay ahead.
If youre not utilizing Google authorship, youre missing out. Contact KOL Limited if you are still unsure about the benefits and implementation of Google Authorship.