According to latest stats there are many companies who are using Facebook fan page as an integral part of their social media campaign. But, what elements help a Facebook fan page to generate large followings and what can brands do to manipulate the success of other brands using the same medium? I have listed some specific elements that are suggested by industry experts and have helped create fan pages with large, engaged, followings.
- Fan Pages are very easily indexed in the search engines. People who are not using Facebook can still see your Facebook fan page in search results.
- The most basic and important step for getting into the world of social media is to create a best name for your Facebook fan page. You are representing your brand here so it is required to create a great fan page name to showcase your brand’s strength.
- When you get minimum 25 likes for your fan page, Facebook gives you a utility to create a unique URL for your fan page. This is also vital step in the process as the URL will be a key factor in ranking your fan page in search results so use it wisely.
- Facebook offers a great utility to use your targeted key phrases to place on your fan page. It is similar to On-Page optimization of a website like using Title tag, Meta Description, etc. In SEO Title you can use your brand name to place on the fan page and in description you can use the best description that describes your business. It is important to note that in description field do not stuff the keywords, use it in a natural fashion. Refer below image from our fan page for the same.
- If you are optimizing your fan for local market, it is suggested to include all the contact details such as address, contact numbers, etc. in the fan page to improve the local visibility.
- As we said above, your fan page is like your business website and it requires same On-Page and Off-Page factors to go hands in hand. It is suggested to get some good back links for y our fan page to improve the brand reputation. Always include your fan page URL in the blogs you are writing or any other social site you are getting involved with.
- Creating a fan page and optimizing it is not the end. It is required to be active on the fan page consistently. You should update the status couple of times in a single day and share your work, experience, updates, etc. regularly. Social sharing is crucial at this stage.
- Get involved with other fan pages of same niche. This is an era of network building so the strong network wins. Engage socially with other businesses and like their pages. This will help in getting a like back to your fan page and if you like other pages than your page will get status updates of others from news feed.
- You can update your status with the offers you are planning so that potential customers can get the information regarding that and will contact you. It is a great source to communicate with your customers and get some business out of it. You can also post some contests or quiz on this page to increase the engagement.
So, as a conclusion we would like to say that 2013 is coming and the year will be more competitive and as compared to past. It is high time to pull your socks up and get involved with social engagement to generate some good traffic for your business.