With festive seasons fast approaching, itâ€™s time for shopping. Something for everyone, thatâ€™s the motto when we start shopping. And itâ€™s not just Halloween; in fact this is that time of the year when literally celebrations are all around the globe. And billions are spent on shopping only.
However unlike the earlier times when you had to spend tons of your time cursing a traffic jam because you have been stuck in traffic for more than an hour, today things are much different. Anything you want to purchase can be ordered while you are watching Manchester United clashing with Liverpool with your favorite wings. Shopping has never been so easy before. I am sure you will be praising the efforts of the person who first introduced the online shopping stores.
Talking about shopping, one of the most popular mediums of shopping today is online shopping portals. Today you can easily find almost all your favorite brands online under one roof. And when we are talking about online portals, how can we forget to mention the name of Amazon. One of the biggest online portals, Amazon today offers more than a million products.
Amazon today is a household name. It doesnâ€™t need any introduction. It is among the companies which first started offering products online.
Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, started this company from a book selling website however due to the positive response it generated, very soon he realized the potential of online portals and Amazon was established.
Here are some of the historical and unknown facts about Amazon which we are sharing with our readers after an extensive research.
1. Amazon is the second largest ecommerce company after Alibaba.
2. The initial name of Amazon was Cadabra.com however it was intentionally changed to Amazon, one of the major reasons for this was the fact that alphabet A increases the possibility of ranking the website on any list arranged alphabetically.
3. Amazon was established on 5th July 1994.
4. One of the uncommon things about the name of Amazon is its logo which signifies the fact that you can purchase anything from A to Z on this platform.
5. Amazon is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
6. The average number of people visiting Amazon daily is more than the population of Beijing, China.
7. Some of the Popular Products of Amazon are:
- 1. Appstore
- 2. The Book Depository
- 3. Game Studios
- 4. Instant Video
- 5. Instant Video UK
- 6. Instant Video German
- 7. Kindle
- 8. Lab126
- 9. Studios
- 10. Woot
- 11. MyHabit.com
- 12. Shopbop
- 13. Askville
- 14. IMDB
- 15. Alexa
8. Around 110,000 employees are currently working at Amazon. Amazonâ€™s employment number includes not just those developing and supporting its products, but also employees fulfilling orders in its warehouses, which makes its workforce different than many traditional tech companies.
9. Average revenue of Amazon is larger than half the countries of the world.
Making your online store successful needs planning, expert implementation and the most important thing is patience. As the saying goes you canâ€™t be the best if you are only tracking the footprints, you have to offer something unique every time to your buyers for creating an unforgettable image of your brand.